In order to facilitate the process of comparing recommended nutrients with the nutrients actually eaten by a patient this VVVV-patch calculates, using the Harris-Benedict-Formula, the suggested nutrients and compares them with the values entered by a dietitian. It visualizes the results and help the patient understand the difference.
- BMI Formula
Process in Detail
After the dietitian entered weight, height, age and PAL-Factor of the patient in question, a subpatch will then calculate the BMR, BMI and PAL and finally the carbs, fats and proteins needed.
Those values are then displayed as a bar chart in a renderer. Using the actual fats, carbs and proteins consumed by the patient (those values are calculated by dietologist using complex applications), a comparing bar chart is created.
Using the previously calculated PAL and the values calculated by the dietologist off-patch, a second bar chart compares the consumed calories vs. the recommended calories.
- No differentiation between male and female patients
- No possibility to overrule calculated nutrients
- Shift UI to the renderer for better usability
- Measure height and weight using sensors like a Microsoft Kinect
- Add possibility to overrule calculated recommendations
Watch the demo live at build.well.being!
Check out the corresponding GitHub repository: