In this video I demonstrate how to measure blood pressure using an aneroid blood pressure monitor.
The equipment used includes:
- Aneroid Blood pressure cuff with pressure gauge and pump
- Sit in a chair with your arm flexed, supported and resting at the level of your heart.
- Wrap an appropriately sized cuff about 2-3 cm above the crease of your elbow
- Place the bell of the stethoscope underneath the cuff over your artery
- Use the pump to puff up the bladder of the cuff until the pressure gauge reads 180mmHg
- Release the pressure valve slowly at about 3mm per second
- Listen for the arterial sounds and record the value at the first and last heard sound (your systolic and diastolic pressure)
This video is part of the Course “Grundlagen der Medienproduktion, Distribution, Web-Technologien” at the St Pölten University of Applied Sciences as Part of the Master Program “Digital Healthcare”.
Medical Disclaimer. The information in this video is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. All content, including text, graphics, images, video and information, contained in this video is for general information purposes only.